Check out this message from the Transition Conference organisers.
The Transition Network UK Conference is approaching fast. Over the weekend of June 12-14, a diverse and highly motivated host of transitioners will descend upon Seale Hayne in Devon, ready to expand their range of knowledge, to deepen their understanding of how to catalyse their local initiatives and to build stronger networks with like-minded people. And as ever, they’ll make sure they have a lot of fun as well! Before you rush to buy your tickets (early bird pricing closes at end of day May 16th, see link below) you may want to check out the stupendous range of workshops and activities here. Here’s a sample of the workshop delights awaiting you at Seale Hayne – both the usual 1.5 hour sessions and also more in-depth 3 hour sessions:
* Totnes’ EDAP – a practical walkthrough; encouraging and handling diversity;
* running highly productive meetings;
* facing up to conflict and turning it around;
* starting up your Heart & Soul group;
* Joanna Macy’s “Work that Reconnects”;
* plugging the leaks in your local economies;
* beyond community resilience and towards a cuddly transition(!);
* getting the best out of your Local Authority;
* setting up local food hubs and CSAs (community supported agriculture);
* DIY streets;
* pattern language for Transition – an introduction;
* oral histories – a crucial part of your Transition Initiative;
* the anatomy of a zero carbon farm; * a wild food walk;
* online strategies for expanding the reach of your transition initiative;
* examining community ownership of local assets as a path to an equitable and resilient future;
* working with businesses – TT&C experiences and aspirations;
* breaking through to “step” 13;
* running constellations.
We’re also planning several tempting trips (with a small additional cost). One will be to Transition Town Totnes via other local and inspiring initiatives. Another will be to the internationally renowned Proper Job recycling and composting centre on Dartmoor. Other workshops are currently on the drawing board… Open Space will, of course, feature prominently. In addition we’re putting on some entertainments, group activities (some tuneful, some gentle and others downright energetic)…and for those who care, you don’t need to miss the England v USA match! New to this conference will be the “Sharing your stories” session, a chance to exchange tales of transition – the ups, the downs and the unresolved – and learn tips, tricks and salutory tales from your fellow transitioners. Keep your eye on this page for fuller details and updates to the programme.